Someone emailed last week and asked about our track-record of investing in real estate. I’d say we’ve made about $5M including operating income, proceeds from sales and the estimated equity in our current investments. Here are some of the highlights over 30 years, dating back to the first purchase of a townhouse in Columbia, Maryland in 1983:
- We completed a total of 34 transactions, 21 buy and 13 sell, including condos, single family homes, an apartment building and mobile home parks (MHPs)
- We are long-term investors with an average hold time over 5 years
- We have 8 properties in the current portfolio including 6 mobile home parks
- We have 300+ tenants and manage all our own properties
- All our properties are located all in N. California with the exception of one MHP in Nebraska
- We sold one property for a loss in 1993 and might lose money on one of our current MHPs, if we were to sell today
- Proceeds from sales total approximately $2.3M
- Net cash flow over the past 8 years exceeded $1.5M
If you’d like to see a list of our transactions including buy and sell prices and financial statements on our current portfolio, please give me a call at (925) 640-7121.
Please reply below if you have comments or questions. If this post could be of value to someone you know, please LIKE and email or repost to Facebook, LinkedIn or your favorite network. I will not share your personal information with anyone for any purpose.